***In Planning Process***
Open Space Detail
The project includes an application for a Zoning Text Amendment, Development Agreement, Tentative Subdivision Map, Residential Density Bonus with incentive/concession, Conditional Use Permit (CUP), and Site Plan and Architectural Review (SPAR) to develop a 110 unit residential development on the undeveloped parcel at 890 North McDowell Boulevard.
On November 12, 2019 and November 19, 2019 the Planning Commission considered the environmental document (IS/MND) and the entitlement applications and made recommendations to the City Council to adopt the IS/MND but deny the Development Agreement, Tentative Subdivision Map, and Residential Density Bonus. On January 14, 2020 the Planning Commission considered the Zoning Text Amendment and denied the amendment. The applicant subsequently submitted an appeal of that denial for consideration by the City Council.
The project includes the following entitlements from the City of Petaluma:
- Text Amendment to allow single family residential with a Conditional Use Permit in the MU1B zoning district.
- Development Agreement between the property owner and the City of Petaluma.
- Residential Density Bonus with a concession/incentive in accordance with Petaluma’s Implementing Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 27 Residential Density Bonus, and California Density Bonus Law. The requested Density Bonus provides for 10 of the 110 units to be made available to income qualified households at the moderate-income level in exchange for a concession/incentive to allow an increase in building height above the 30-foot maximum allowed in the MU1B zoning district. The granting of a density bonus will also provide for reduced parking ratio as outlined in IZO Section 27.070.C. The applicant is not requesting density above the 30 units per acre allowed in the Mixed Use land use designation.
- Tentative Subdivision Map to divide the approximately 6.95-acre property into a 110-lot residential subdivision with common parcels and a 1.27-acre remainder parcel at the corner of North McDowell Boulevard and Corona Road.
- Conditional Use Permit to allow 65 attached and 45 detached single-family units in the MU1B zoning district.
- Site Plan and Architectural Review for the construction of 110 residential units. The Project also includes onsite amenities, walkways, outdoor common areas, and bio-retention/detention areas. Public improvements include frontage improvements along North McDowell Boulevard, a crosswalk at North McDowell Boulevard and Michael Drive, and bike and pedestrian connections to the future multi use path along the SMART rail.
|Address:||890 North McDowell Boulevard|
|Applicant:||Lomas-Corona Station, LLC
Public Meetings and Hearings
- City Council - 1/27/20 (Upcoming)
- Planning Commission - 1/14/20
- Planning Commission - 11/19/19
- Planning Commission - 11/12/19
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee - 9/4/19