The City of Petaluma is excited to embark on the process of updating the General Plan. In order to ensure that Petaluma’s long-term vision for the future is aligned with the values of the community, we are looking to make this process an inclusive and engaging process that welcomes everyone to participate. One part of that community involvement is the creation of a General Plan Advisory Committee who will work collaboratively with the selected consultant and staff and be advisory to the City Council. The GPAC will be a group of up to 15 residents appointed by the City Council will represent the diversity of the Petaluma community. The GPAC will likely meet monthly through much of the two-year visioning, plan development and adoption process, beginning in January 2021 and through January 2023.
We welcome applications for GPAC appointment from all interested Petaluma residents. Please complete and return the attached application and supplementary questionnaire for consideration. This is a volunteer position, and GPAC members are expected to attend meetings, review General Plan-related material, and be active throughout the duration of the planning process.
The City is looking for a representative group of community members who can offer diverse perspectives and expertise on the General Plan. GPAC members should:
- Be a Petaluma resident and live within city limits.
- Commit to the time needed to carry out the duties as a GPAC member, including learning about General Plan issues, attending committee meetings, and reviewing/completing committee assignments.
- Demonstrate an interest in the General Plan and be committed to advancing the needs of the community.
- Be committed and able to collaborate with others to reach consensus.
- Understand the local community and its cultural and social needs.
- Be open-minded and respectful.
Applications to be a member of the GPAC will close on November 30, 2020, and selected members will be appointed by City Council on December 7, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the GPAC. We look forward to a robust community discussion as part of the General Plan Update, both as part of the GPAC and through ongoing community engagement throughout the process.
CLICK HERE to apply.
HAGA CLIC AQUÍ para obtener más información y descargar la solicitud en español.
Additional information about the Committee, including members and agendas, will be posted on this page as we move forward.
Don’t forget to fill out our General Plan survey before November 30, 2020! CLICK HERE for the survey.