46. Establish and promote a citywide sustainability program leading with exemplary environmental practices.
47. Adopt a Zero Waste ordinance.
56. Update Implementing Zoning Ordinance (IZO) to ensure ability to provide full environmental review for all discretionary projects.
60. Adopt a citywide single-use plastic and polystyrene ban.
64. Create tool / dashboard that tracks City progress on reducing greenhouse gas emissions and carbon sequestration.
66. Educate our community and provide sustainability tools for City staff, developers, employers, property owners and all residents.
191. Develop an initial outreach and engagement plan that the city funds as part of resourcing and educating Petalumans, including outreach campaigns and events to increase knowledge of energy efficiency and building electrification benefits and ensure that local energy providers or businesses that sell home energy equipment provide up-to-date and climate-smart options.
193. Identify funds to support Storm Water program and infrastructure.
194. Adopt a VMT policy that is consistent with the 2030 carbon neutrality goal. In order to meet these targets, prepare policy recommendations for rapidly implementing alternative clean, safe, accessible, and affordable and active and public transportation modes to meet the rising community need for climate-friendly transportation.
196. Update the City’s Integrated Pest Management Plan and formalize a policy of how the City maintains its parks, trails, open spaces, streetscape, creeks, landcape assessment districts, and other City’s properties in a more sustainable way that is better for the environment, the community, and the health of the public and staff.
203. Impose a moratorium on City purchases of fossil fuel powered vehicles, power equipment, and appliances, with limited exceptions for emergency vehicles and equipment where no low climate pollution causing alternatives are reasonably available.
206. Develop an assessment of climate change impacts by neighborhood and demographic group to assess where and for whom environmental justice and equity work needs to be focused.