Filming in Petaluma requires a film permit. Go to cityofpetaluma.org/permits to apply.
More info about film permits:
- Required for all types of film shoot — traditional camera, digital camera, drone, etc.
- Please plan ahead!
- Productions that require street closures or City staffing – submit applications at least 60 days before filming date.
- Productions without street closures or City staffing – submit applications at least 21 days before for filming date.
- Filming in the downtown area has special requirements and requires approval of Petaluma Downtown Association. Contact Marie McCusker, Petaluma Downtown Association, 707-762-9348, or [email protected].
- Issued by the Economic Development Division. For more information, contact Nancy Sands, [email protected].