Turning off your irrigation, or significantly reducing your irrigation is an easy way to have big water savings. If you are unable to stop irrigating your landscape, the following steps can help with reducing outdoor water use:
- Thoroughly check your irrigation system to ensure there are no breaks, leaks, or water waste occurring when it is on or off.
- Set your irrigation to only run between the new restricted watering schedule: overnight Tuesday and Saturday between 7pm and 8am.
- Reassess your irrigation program weekly. Turn off irrigation in cool weather or when it rains.
- Use shorter run times to allow water to fully soak into the landscape and to reduce runoff.
- Use mulch to retain moisture.
- For free weekly irrigation schedule recommendations during non-drought periods, please visit srcity.org/3446/Watering-Recommendations