- All new development is subject to building codes that require water efficiency (indoor and outdoor).
- Currently, new development is not allowed to install landscaping.
City Parks and Facilities:
- Installing water-efficient toilets and faucets
- Reduced Watering 1-2x per week
- Hand-watering trees
- Cut irrigation to all grass playfields that use potable (non-recycled) water
Water Conservation Programs:
- Reduction Plans – Customers with high water use placed on a mandatory reduction plan.
- Mulch Madness – Qualified residents will receive free sheet mulching supplies and irrigation conversion kits.
- Water-Wise Housecalls – A water conservation expert will visit your property and provide advice on how to save water.
- Rebates – Special rebates are offered for high-efficiency toilets and clothes washers (residential and commercial).
- Water Waste Patrol – Daily patrols/response to reports of water waste.
Recycled Water Program:
- We are finding ways to store more recycled water for use throughout the year (the City’s Ellis Creek Property, local farms, etc.).
- We continue to explore opportunities for using recycled water throughout the City, further offsetting potable water use.