The following water use restrictions are enforced year-round. For a complete list of water use restrictions please refer to the Petaluma Municipal Code (Petaluma Municipal Code) Section 15.17.070.
- Washing of hard-surfaced areas by direct hosing unless equipped with a shutoff nozzle.
- Escape of water through breaks or leaks within the customer’s plumbing or private distribution system for any substantial period of time.
- Irrigation in a manner or to the extent that allows runoff of water or over-spray of the areas being irrigated.
- Washing cars, boats, trailers, or other vehicles, equipment, and machinery directly with a hose not equipped with a hose-end shutoff nozzle.
- Irrigating landscape during or within 48 hours of measurable rainfall.
- The irrigation with potable water of ornamental turf on public street medians.
- Using water for non-recycling water features.
- Swimming Pool and Spa Covers – Outdoor swimming pools and spas are to be covered during non-business hours or while not in use.