Share How You're Getting Climate Ready!
As part of the City of Petaluma's Climate Ready 2030 commitment, we have pledged to become a carbon neutral* city by the year 2030 - and you can help! Taking small actions like conserving water, recycling, composting, biking to work, or planting a garden can have a big impact on our City's carbon sequestration goals.
We are creating a video for Earth Day that will show how members of our community are helping us get climate ready, and we want to feature you! Send a short video clip following the guidelines below showing us one action you're taking in your home, workplace, or on your commute, that helps the environment. We will compile submissions into a short video we will present to our City Council on Earth Day and share on our website and through our social media channels. All submissions will receive a Climate Ready 2030 lawn sign as a thank you!
Thank you for supporting us on the road to carbon neutrality. We can't wait to see what you're up to!
*Carbon neutrality refers to balancing greenhouse gas emissions/climate pollution. Carbon neutrality is achieved through reducing carbon emissions and balancing carbon emissions through carbon offsets (programs that sequester/remove carbon from the atmosphere to make up for emissions elsewhere).
- Please keep videos under 30 seconds in length
- iPhone video footage is acceptable
- Please keep camera in landscape (horizontal) orientation
- Be sure to introduce yourself and and say the words "I'm Ready" or "We're Ready" to let us know you're getting Climate Ready with us
- Show us one thing you are doing to help Petaluma get Climate Ready (recycling, water conservation, composting, electric vehicles, biking to work, buying locally made food and products, planting a garden - every little bit helps!)