FAQ Topic: Fire, Police, and Emergency Services

How do I contest a parking citation?

Here are steps to contest a parking citation: The first request must be made within 21 calendar days of receiving the citation or within 14 calendar days of receiving the delinquent notice. The request must be made for an Initial Review before a request for an Administrative Hearing.  The request for the Administrative Hearing must be … Continued

What is my ISO rating?

ISO’s Public Protection Classification program provides fire protection ratings for communities throughout the United States. In addition to providing standards for evaluating a fire department’s capabilities, a community’s rating can impact fire insurance premiums for property owners. On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 representing superior property fire protection, the City of Petaluma’s … Continued

My car was towed. How do I get it back?

First, you must request a tow release in person from the Police Department  and pay a City administrative fee of $168. Next, you must present the release to the tow company and pay its fees. Note: towed cars can only be released to the registered owner–no exceptions.

What is a clearance letter and how do I get one?

A clearance letter states that you have no criminal history with the Petaluma Police Department. The letter encompasses the previous eight years and applies only to Petaluma Police’s jurisdiction. To request one, contact Police Records by mail or in person. Provide a copy of your valid driver’s license, a written request, and pay a fee … Continued

How Do I Evacuate Safely?

The County of Sonoma has published a page about evacuating safely in the era of COVID-19. Read the page so that you and your family members can respond in the safest way in the event of an emergency. https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/staying-safe-in-emergencies-during-covid-19/

How will I know if I need to evacuate?

If an alert or warning needs to be issued for a potential threat to the City of Petaluma, community members can receive these messages by subscribing to Nixle or SoCo Alerts. As part of our emergency management and preparedness, the City of Petaluma provides this alert and warning service free to our community. To subscribe … Continued

How do I report a crime?

To report a crime that is an emergency and in progress, dial 911. For non-emergency crimes, including those that are in progress and those that have already taken place, read our tips here.

How do I get a fire incident report?

You can request a fire incident report from the Fire Prevention Bureau through our online form, via email, or in person at 22 Bassett Street, Petaluma, CA, 94952.

Close window