FAQ Topic: Pets

How do I report an injured animal?

Call North Bay Animal Services at 707-762-6227. If their office is closed, a message on their answering machine will direct you to next steps.

How do I get a dog license?

North Bay Animal Services handles licensing for the City of Petaluma. Go to the Petaluma dog license page on their website for more info.  

Does the city have an animal shelter?

The City contracts with North Bay Animal Services to run an animal shelter at 840 Hopper Street. Go to the North Bay Animal Services website for info about hours of operation, directions, and other info.

What animals can be kept as pets?

Rules about which animals and pets can be found in Title 9, Section 9.08, of the City’s municipal code. https://www.codepublishing.com/CA/Petaluma/. Please contact North Bay Animal Services, the City’s animal control provider, if you have questions or concerns about animals with the City limits.

Close window