FAQ Topic: Parks, Recreation, and Senior Services

When do I need a Park Use Permit?

You will need to obtain a park use permit if your event involves: Organized activity in which 20 or more persons are expected to participate or attend Having exclusive use of an area The event is publicized prior to the date of the activity For the sale of goods Activity involving the use of amplified … Continued

What adult sports do you offer?

We offer multiple adult sports programs throughout the year. For more information, call 707-778-4519 or check out our adult sports website.  

Does Petaluma have a Senior Center? What are the hours?

The City of Petaluma’s Senior Center is a great place for seniors and active adults to socialize, learn, and play. The Senior Center is located at 211 Novak Street in Petaluma, which sits within Luchessi Park. To learn more, visit our Active Adults page or contact Senior Center staff at 707-778-4399 or [email protected]

How do I get a ride to the Petaluma Senior Center if I don’t drive?

There are several resources in Petaluma that offer free or low-cost transportation: 1. Petaluma Transit has bus stops on North McDowell Avenue and Maria Drive, which may be within walking distance for some seniors.  Visit the Transit website or call 707-778-4460 for more info. 2. Petaluma Transit also offers Paratransit services for qualified riders. You … Continued

Close window