Parks & Recreation FAQs

When do I need a Park Use Permit?

You will need to obtain a park use permit if your event involves:

  • Organized activity in which 20 or more persons are expected to participate or attend
  • Having exclusive use of an area
  • The event is publicized prior to the date of the activity
  • For the sale of goods
  • Activity involving the use of amplified sound
  • Activity involving the placement of structure, stages or booths
  • Use of alcohol
  • Requires special City Services

Read our Park Rental Book for more info or contact Parks and Recreation by email at [email protected] or by phone at 707.778.4380.

Where are the City of Petaluma’s dog parks or dog run areas located, and what are their hours?

Check out our dog park map and dog run flyer to find out more about hours, locations, and rules related to City-run dog parks/dog run areas.

What recreation classes do you offer?

We offer a variety of classes for all ages.

View what’s available and sign up for all classes through our online portal.

What adult sports do you offer?

We offer multiple adult sports programs throughout the year.

For more information, call 707-778-4519 or check out our adult sports website.


What Summer Camp programs do you offer and how do I register my child?

We offer a variety of fun and inclusive summer camp programs.

View what’s available and register your child through our online portal

Does Petaluma have a Senior Center? What are the hours?

The City of Petaluma’s Senior Center is a great place for seniors and active adults to socialize, learn, and play.

The Senior Center is located at 211 Novak Street in Petaluma, which sits within Luchessi Park.

To learn more, visit our Active Adults page or contact Senior Center staff at 707-778-4399 or [email protected]

How do I get a ride to the Petaluma Senior Center if I don’t drive?

There are several resources in Petaluma that offer free or low-cost transportation:

1. Petaluma Transit has bus stops on North McDowell Avenue and Maria Drive, which may be within walking distance for some seniors.  Visit the Transit website or call 707-778-4460 for more info.

2. Petaluma Transit also offers Paratransit services for qualified riders. You must apply and be deemed eligible. Visit the Transit website for more info or call (707) 541-7180 to receive an application and schedule an interview.

3. Petaluma People Services Center (PPSC) offers free rides for seniors through its iRIDE program. Click here or contact PPSC via phone (707-765-8488) for more info.

What kind of aquatics programs do you offer, and what are the pool’s hours of operation?

The City of Petaluma maintains two pools: The Petaluma Swim Center at 900 East Washington Street and the Cavanagh Pool at 426 Eighth Street.

For information about hours of operation and programs offered, visit the Petaluma Swim Center website.

How do I reserve a group picnic area at a Park?

Follow the directions and guidelines in the City’s Park Reservation Book.

What is the Tiny Tot Preschool program and how can I sign up my child?

For a description of our Tiny Tots preschool program and registration information, visit our Preschool Programs web page. Click HERE for the current Tiny Tots Parent Handbook. Questions? Please send an email to Hayley Liversedge, [email protected].

How do I reserve an athletic field?

Get info about field availability, fees, and reservation procedures in our Athletic Field Rental Booklet.

Call 707-778-4519 for more information.

How do I rent a room at the Petaluma Community Center or the Kenilworth Teen Center?

For info about facilities rentals and to view the application, go to our Facilities Rental Book.

How do I report a parks maintenance issue?

Contact the Public Works & Utilities Department at (707) 778-4303, email [email protected] or submit a report online. 

Close window