We developed a transparency portal with information about our police policies and training, our use of force approach, and other ways get to know us and learn more about how we work.
Town Hall Meeting - June 16, 2020
We hosted a Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 6pm to provide a forum for your questions regarding Petaluma Policing and Police Department policies. The Town Hall included our Mayor, our Police Chief, and our City Manager.
Community Questions & Responses
We received over 300 questions through the online form and during the Town Hall meeting. Below is a document with all of the questions and answers. We've also posted for overarching statements pertaining to the most commonly asked questions.
- Read the Community Questions & City Responses
- Chief Savano Statement Regarding Patrol Rifles
- Chief Savano Statement Regarding the Armored Rescue Vehicle
- Chief Savano Statement Regarding Body Worn Cameras
- Chief Savano Statement Regarding Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
Next week, we will be discussing more ways to connect with our community and discuss our policing practices. The discussion will happen during the City Council meeting on July 6, 2020. Check out the meeting agenda to learn how to attend or to review the staff report.
If you have a question please submit below.