Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el ícono del Planeta Tierra ("Translate"/Traducir) en la parte superior derecha.
Planning Division staff review discretionary land use and land development applications, ensuring that proposed projects comply with Petaluma’s long-term vision and regulatory standards. We also make sure that all proposed development respects the City’s historic and cultural heritage, and/or contributes to the City’s growing collection of public artwork. And we provide environmental review under the standards of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Planning discretionary entitlements can be categorized by level of review as either Planning Administrative Projects or Major Developments.
The following information includes all administrative projects and proposed major developments within the City of Petaluma. The projects are listed by project type and current status, linked to individual project pages with additional information, and indicated on the map at the bottom of the page. A printable version of the major development projects list and map is also available here.
Public noticing has been distributed for the projects listed below. Noticing is distributed at least 10 days in advance of a decision on the project by the Community Development Director. An appeal of the Director's decision may be submitted in writing - learn more here.
- Sepaher 4-unit Residential Building
- FLM Ceramics Studio
- MacDuff Work / Live Unit
- Private Office
- Friends of the Petaluma River Dock Replacement
- The Floodway LLC Appeal
- Marin Health Petaluma - Clinical Hub
- Spring Hill School Conditional Use Permit Modification
- Reestablish Single-Family Dwelling at 415 A Street
- West View Estates PUD Minor Amendment
- Koenitzer Dental Office
- Covered Patio in Village Meadows PUD
- Petaluma Warehouse Lofts
Planning Review & Approvals
The project has received all discretionary approvals from the City, with no appeals pending. Following all planning approvals, construction drawings are submitted to the Building Division.
Preliminary Application Project Submittals - Click here to learn more.
In Planning Process
- Scannell Development
- Scott Ranch
- Creekwood Housing Development
- EKN Appellation Hotel (Hotel Weaver)
- Downtown Housing & Economic Opportunity Overlay
- Corona Annexation
- Oyster Cove
- 5002 Petaluma Blvd North Retail Campus
- Deer Creek Apartments
- Washington Commons@ 817-825 East Washington
- Spirit Living Mixed-Use Development
- Rovina Lane Apartments
In Plan Check
- Labcon North America
- Foley-Omahony Mixed Use Building
- 23 Wallenberg Way (Protiva Residence)
- 215 Water Street North
- 235 Liberty Street
- Hampton Inn Expansion (Silk Mill)
All Planning Approvals
Planning Approvals Received
The project has received all planning approvals; final plans approved; building and other permits have been issued; and may be under construction. Once construction is completed, all related permits with Building and Planning are closed out.
- Makenna (Formerly Casa Grande)
- Deer Creek - Residential
- Amy's Kitchen Downtown Corporate Office
- Ramsey/Luchetti Residence
- Midpen Affordable Housing Project (SB-35)
- Spring Hill School
- 325 Liberty Street
- Adobe Road Winery
- Quarry Heights (Lomas)
- River Place Apartments Project
Recently Completed Projects
- North River Apartments
- Home 2 Suites
- Wasatch Storage Facility
- Brody Ranch Subdivision
- PEP Senior Housing
- Trinity Presbyterian Church North Bay Cup
- McDonald’s Reconstruction
- Brooks Note Winery
Completed Project Archive
To learn more about projects already completed, CLICK HERE to view our project archive.
Map of Projects
Commercial Residential Mixed Use