Proposed Downtown Housing & Economic Opportunity Overlay for a Specified Area in Downtown Petaluma
The Downtown Housing & Economic Opportunity Overlay proposes to support housing and mixed-use development in a portion of the Downtown area through modification of Floor Area Ratio (FAR), building height, and lot coverage maximums, and associated revisions, including development and design controls for properties located in the overlay. The revised project reduces the originally proposed boundary to three smaller areas (depicted in the Downtown Housing & Economic Opportunity Overlay image at the top of this page). Amendments to the General Plan, Zoning Map, and Implementing Zoning Ordinance are required to implement the proposed Downtown Housing & Economic Opportunity Overlay.
For details/information regarding the proposed EKN Appellation Hotel that would be located within this overlay, please view https://cityofpetaluma.org/ekn-appellation/.
Project Details - Overlay
|Zoning:||MU2 (Mixed Use 2)|
|File Number:||PLGP-2023-0001 and PLZA-2023-0002|
220 Newport Center Drive, Suite 11-262
Newport Beach CA 92660
Frequently Asked Questions
Environmental Review Documents
The Draft Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) was published for a 30-day public review period starting October 13th, 2023 and extending to November 13th, 2023. A printed copy of the document is available for review in-person at Petaluma City Hall (11 English St, Petaluma CA) and at the Petaluma Regional Library (100 Fairgrounds Dr, Petaluma CA) during normal business hours. The document is also available for review electronically at the links below and on the State Clearinghouse website at https://ceqanet.opr.ca.gov/2023100359.
Public Meetings and Hearings
- Historic and Cultural Preservation Committee Study Session - October 3, 2023, 4PM
- Planning Commission and Historic & Cultural Preservation Committee - Joint Study Session – August 8, 2023, 6 PM
- Planning Commission - Study Session - July 25, 2023, 6PM
- Know Before You Grow - Staff Presentation - July 12, 2023, 7PM
- Planning Commission and Historic & Cultural Preservation Committee - Joint Study Session – June 13, 2023, 6 PM
- Historic and Cultural Preservation Committee Study Session – January 10, 2023, 4 PM