Planning Information Counter
When starting a project it's always a great idea to check in with our staff and get initial feedback. You can visit us at the Planning Information Counter at 11 English Street, Monday thru Thursday, 8AM-5PM. Or call/e-mail us at 707-778-4301 and [email protected]
Development Review Committee
For projects that involve review by a number of different agencies, it's common for applicants to seek an initial consultation from our Development Review Committee (DRC). The DRC meets weekly and reviews both conceptual projects, as well as formal application submittals.
Site Plan and Architectural Review
You will need a Site Plan & Architectural Review (SPAR) for projects that involve:
- Building new or modifying existing commercial buildings or schools, churches, museums, art galleries, and certain other public buildings;
- Development in South Hills or West Hills;
- Structures and sites in designated Historic Districts;
- Subdivisions with five or more dwellings;
- More than one dwelling unit per lot.
There are three types of SPARs. Minor SPARs typically involve small projects and can be processed with staff review only. Major SPARs involve large projects and must be reviewed by the Planning Commission. Historic SPARs are required for projects located in historic districts or involving City landmarks and must be reviewed by the Historic and Cultural Preservation Committee.
Use Permits make sure that people are safe and your impact on your neighbors is minimal