Petaluma is dedicated to improving the quality of life for residents by making walking, bicycling and rolling safe and convenient methods of transportation and recreation.
Walking, bicycling and rolling reduces your carbon footprint, eases traffic congestion, lowers noise pollution, and overall increases residents and visitors health and quality of life.
Current projects the City of Petaluma is working on to make the city pedestrian, bike and rolling friendly include the following:
- Lynch Creek Trail
- Paving McDowell
- Intersections, Sidewalks, Curb Returns ADA improvements, includes Rainier
- Westridge Parkway
- River Trail 101 crossing
- Multi Use Path and Parkway path Restoration
- Traffic Calming & Bike Blvds
- Pedestrian Bridge Assessment
- New Pedestrian Bridge Renovations
- City-Wide Striping Improvements
- New E. Washington Sidewalk Frontage Improvements at Prince Park/Airport