High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
Rebate per high-efficiency toilet or urinal:
up to $150 (Residential), up to $260 (Commercial)
Save water and money year-round by installing high-efficiency toilets (HET) in your home or business. You can receive a rebate for each qualifying HET you install! The new high-efficiency toilets must replace older toilets that are designed to flush 1.6 gallons per flush (gpf) or more. This program is available to all City of Petaluma residential and commercial water and sewer customers. Pre-approval is required. See “How to Qualify” below for details.
What is a High-Efficiency Toilet?
High-efficiency toilets (HETs) are fixtures that use at least 20% less water than the standard 1.6 gallon per flush (gpf) toilet. On average, HETs use 1.28gpf or less, depending on the model.
Flush Volume Comparison
- HET - 1.28 gpf or less ( ‹ 4.8 liters)
- Standard - 1.6 gpf (6.0 liters)
- Older toilets - 3.5 gpf or more! ( › 13.2 liters)
How to Qualify
- To start, determine if your older toilet(s) qualifies. Check the flush rate label on the toilet. The label is often right behind the seat, inside the tank, or the underside of the tank lid. If it flushes 1.6 gpf or greater, it qualifies.
- Take a photo of the gpf label or date stamp and email it to [email protected]. If qualified, a toilet rebate application and instructions will be sent to you.
- If you are qualified, you will then purchase and install a HET that is EPA WaterSense approved. The new toilet must flush 1.28 gpf or less to qualify for the rebate. Toilets that are not HETs will not be rebated.
- Submit the completed toilet rebate application form, including the original sales receipt. Please make copies for your records.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
Commercial Rebates Available!
- High-efficiency toilet and urinal rebates are also available for commercial businesses and industries. Commercial rebates are up to $260 per qualified fixture. For more information please call (707) 778-4507.