High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
Rebate per high-efficiency toilet or urinal: up to $150 for Residential and $260 Commercial
Save water and money year-round by installing high-efficiency toilets (HET) in your home or business. Toilets are the main source of water use in the home, accounting for nearly 30% of an average home's indoor water consumption. By replacing old, inefficient toilets with HETs the average family can reduce water use by 20 to 60 percent! You can receive a rebate for each qualifying HET you install. The new HETs must replace older toilets that are designed to flush 1.6 gallons per flush (gpf) or more.
This program is available to all City of Petaluma residential and commercial water and sewer customers.
Pre-approval is required. See “How to Qualify” below for details.
How to Qualify
- To start, determine if your older toilet qualifies. Check the flush rate label on the toilet. The label is often right behind the seat, inside the tank, or on the underside of the tank lid. If it flushes 1.6 gpf or greater, it qualifies.
- If you qualify, email [email protected] for further instructions and to receive a toilet rebate application.
- Please Note: Do not discard or recycle the old toilet(s) until after you have been approved for the rebate.
- If qualified for a rebate, purchase and install qualified HET(s).
- The new HET must flush 1.1 gpf or less to qualify for the rebate. Toilets that are not HETs and flush more than 1.1 gpf will not be rebated.
- For dual flush toilets, each flush rate must be 1.1 gpf or less.
- Submit the completed toilet rebate application form, including the original sales receipt. Please make copies for your records.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
- For a list of qualified maximum performance tested toilets, click HERE
- For a list of qualified EPA WaterSense labeled toilets (search 1.1 gpf or less) please visit, lookforwatersense.epa.gov/Product-Search-Results-Toilets.html
- If you would like to recycle your older toilet(s) for free, please contact the Central Landfill located at 500 Mecham Road, Petaluma, CA 94952, at (707) 795-1693 for hours of operation.
- Questions? Call Water Conservation at (707) 778-4507 or email [email protected].
Commercial Rebates Available!
- High-efficiency toilet and urinal rebates are also available for commercial businesses and industries. Commercial rebates are up to $260 per qualified fixture. For more information please call (707) 778-4507.