Pool and spa covers are required by the Petaluma Municipal Code, and covering swimming pools and spas when not in use is the most effective method of reducing water loss through evaporation. The City of Petaluma offers a Pool & Spa Cover Rebate for active City of Petaluma water customers.
Receive up to $200 for the purchase of a qualifying pool or spa cover (not to exceed actual cost). Rebate maximum up to $200, not including sales tax, labor, or shipping. Rebate is limited to one (1) cover per site.
- Be an active Petaluma water customer.
- Have an existing exterior pool or spa. Pool or spa must be below-ground. Above-ground pools/spas and interior pools/spas do not qualify.
- If you are not the owner of the property where the pool or spa cover is installed, you are responsible for obtaining necessary permissions from the owner before applying for this rebate.
- Purchased after October 1, 2022.
- Rebates are for newly purchased covers specifically designed for pools and spas and intended to prevent evaporative water loss. The purchased cover must seal and enclose at least 75% of the pool or spa water surface to qualify for a rebate.
- Qualifying covers include: solar covers, disk covers, and sealed covers impermeable to water.
- Non-qualifying covers include: Secondhand covers, unsealed mesh covers permeable to water, chemical/liquid covers, and winter pool covers.
- Purchase and install a qualifying pool or spa cover at the property where the active water account is provided by the City of Petaluma.
- Submit rebate application with itemized receipt and photo of installed pool or spa cover within 90 days of purchase via one of the below options:
- Rebates may require a site visit. The City of Petaluma will contact you to schedule a site visit, if required.