What is a Water-Wise HouseCall?
A Water-Wise HouseCall is a personalized program to help you use water more efficiently both inside and outside your home. By using less water, you are doing the right thing while lowering your water and sewer costs! With each Water-Wise HouseCall, a trained water efficiency professional will assess your current water usage by performing the following tasks:
Indoors: (Due to Covid-19 safety protocols, indoor inspections are not being performed until further notice.)
- Visually inspect faucets, shower heads, toilets, and other water using apparatus for leaks.
- Provide free low-flow aerators and shower heads if needed.
- Share details about how to qualify for high-efficiency toilet and clothes washer rebates.
- Outline the best and most practical ways to maximize water savings.
- Manually run irrigation systems and look for leaks and broken sprinkler heads.
- Identify areas of the system that may need maintenance or upgrades.
- Provide an efficient irrigation schedule for your timer if you have one. We’ll even program the timer for you!
- Provide free low-flow hose-end nozzles if needed.
- Check your water meter and teach you how to read it, so you can monitor your water usage.
How do I schedule a Water-Wise HouseCall?
To schedule your free Water-Wise HouseCall, please call (707) 778-4507, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, or Friday 8:00am to 11:00am. Water-Wise HouseCalls are available Monday-Thursday.
You can also email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Does it cost money?
Water-Wise HouseCalls are FREE for all City of Petaluma water customers.
FREE DO-IT-YOURSELF LEAK KITS
Learn how to check for leaks in your home with the FREE DIY Leak Kit. Includes easy to use instructions, a practical plumbing guide, toilet dye tablets, and more. Available to Petaluma water customers by request. For more information and to request to pick up your DIY Leak Kit, please call (707) 778-4507 or email [email protected]
A Water-Wise HouseCall could help you reduce your water use...and save money as a result!
Water Conservation Team